Being a reputable media house, The Progress Newspaper shall adopt a standard code of ethics it has set in pursuance of its vision and mission.
What The Progress Newspaper Should:
- The Progress Newspaper will adhere to Journalistic values and dictates of honesty, impartiality,
credibility, and independence.
- Gather and report news without fear or favor, and vigorously resist undue influence from any outside forces, including advertisers, sources, story subjects, powerful individuals, and special interest groups.
- Allow divergent views and dissenting opinion without bias.
- Respond to public concerns. Investigate complaints and correct errors promptly and with as much prominence as the original report.
- To acknowledge and retrack a mistake when it occurs and promptly correct it.
- Exercise special care when children are involved in a story and give children greater privacy protection than adults.
- Respect the right to a fair trial.
- Treat all subjects of news coverage with respect and dignity, showing particular compassion to victims of crime or tragedy.
What The Progress Newspaper Should not:
- Pay news sources who have a vested interest in a story.
- Accept gifts, favors, or compensation from those who might seek to influence coverage.
- Engage in activities that may compromise their integrity or independence.
- Advertising shall tell the truth, and shall reveal significant facts, the omission of which geard to mislead the public shall not be carry if notice.